How To Build A Search Engine
Updated: Feb 15
How Do I Build A Search Engine The Right Way? There are at least two ways to build a search engine online. We have those steps listed below.
OPTION 1: Google Custom Search 1) You can go to the CSE(Customer Search Engine) site. You will have to create an account and sign in. The screen will prompt you with how to proceed. One of the first things you need to do is name your engine. The last thing you will need is to transfer the code to make it official The CSE page should give you one once you have created your account. You can use your search engine yourself or attach it to another search engine that is similar to yours. There might be some sharing involved, but that comes with the territory... 2) You can do it using your Google account. You need one before you begin. Create a Google account if you have not already or there is no point in doing it. There should be a "sires searched" section in your control panel. Go through the section and add the pages you wish to include. The system will recognize a pattern by the sites you have searched or, at least, it should. The system will give you a search engine name in your Google account. The name will be based on the sites you searched for. You can change the name at any time, but the search engine name will give you a place to start. You then select the language(s) you want to use. You hit the "create" button after that. The search engine should be ready to use.
How To Use The Search Engine You can access your search engine one of two ways. 1) You can go to your Google-hosted customer search engine page. You go to the setup tab. There should be a public domain URL listed. It should be listed in your control panel. You can start sharing your search engine with others if you want. 2) You can also create a search box on your home page. You need to have a website of your own to do that. Users can go to your page and click on the box. They can do any search they want. They should still be in your search engine domain. You can click https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/tutorial/implementingsearchbox to find how to implement your search engine for use.
OPTION 2: Supreme-Search Custom Search
About Supreme-Search Custom Search
You can also use Supreme-Search Custom Search Engine to build your search engine in minutes. Their Search Engine Builder 2.2 is super easy to use.
Just Follow The Steps Below:
1) Enter a name for your Search Engine.
2) Enter your website link (Optional), this will take the user to your website whenever they click on your Search Engine name.
3) You can add your custom ads pages to monetize your search engine if you wish. Just adds your ads to two blank webpages on your site. Then enter your top ads and right ads link. Top ads appears at the top of your search results and you can also adjust the ads height. Right ads appears on the right hand side of your search results page.
4) Add a full background image if you wish, just enter the image url. It's that easy!
5) And last, select your text color. You also have the option to add shadow to your text. This comes in handy if you have an full background image for your search engine.
Test Your Search Engine
Use the "Preview" button to preview your search engine homepage or mini search bar.
Adding Your Search Engine To Your Site
Click "HTML Code" button to add the search code to a blank webpage on your site.
So there you have it, two ways to create your own search engine without any programming knowledge and you can monetize them as well. You don't have to worry about building a web spider, crawling the web and managing a database. Enjoy!